Wednesday, September 11, 2013

THE MOST AMAZING MEATLOAF ON THIS SIDE OF THE SUN!

Okay, so I came across this recipe for a "glazed meatloaf" about a year ago when I wanted to try and mimic my mom's meatloaf... but, the recipe just sounded too dang good to alter.  Since then, it has become a staple in my cooking regimen because it's just so darn tasty! (C'mon, who doesn't like a good meatloaf?!)

I made it tonight and we chowed down before I even thought to take pictures... silly me. But, I did get a picture from the website I used last year for the recipe :) (AllRecipes).  This is pretty much what mine looked like :



So, hang tight... cause you're about to witness the most amazing meatloaf recipe on this side of the sun!

Ingredients

Glaze:
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/3 cup brown sugar (or light brown sugar, your choice)
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tsp ground mustard

Loaf:
2 lbs ground beef
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp beef bouillon granules
3 slices bread, broken up (I used wheat bread)
1/4 cup chopped onion (I used an entire small onion, chopped... what can I say? We LOVE onions! It yielded about 1/2 cup)

1- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2- In a small mixing bowl, make your glaze. Whisk together the lemon juice, brown sugar, ketchup, and ground mustard).  Set aside.
3- In a larger mixing bowl, combine your loaf ingredients. The best loaves came out when I did something just a little differently: whisk the beef bouillon granules into the beaten egg before combining with the rest of the meat mixture. After all of the ingredients are combined, add in 1/3 of the ketchup mix and combine well.
4- Pack the loaf into your loaf pan and pop in the oven for an hour.  After the timer goes off, glaze the meatloaf with the rest of the ketchup mixture and let it bake for another 10 min.  Let it cool for at least 10 minutes and then serve!

TIP: For a more moist meatloaf (moister?) you can add 1/3 cup lemon juice to the loaf ingredients like the original recipe says to do... but it's moist without it! All in your preference, I guess! :)


Well... all I can say at this point is, "you're welcome". :D



No comments:

Post a Comment