Thursday, August 15, 2013

Quick'n'Crispy Fried Pickle Spears

If you're like me, you love quick and CRUNCHY fried pickles with as little mess as possible.  Who doesn't love pickles, honestly?  From tailgates to late-night snacks, fried pickles are a hit!  If you've never had them... look no more!  


You've found your new addiction! Don't believe me? Just wait until you try these babies.


I've been experimenting with different recipes and different ways to make fried pickles and I stumbled upon my own recipe (using whatever I had in the kitchen, hah)!  I don't know why I've never heard of anyone doing it this way before.  People, if you want crunchy zesty pickles... you've come to the right place!


So, the first thing you need to do... like with all recipes... is to make sure you have all of the ingredients.  No one likes to start a recipe and figure out they don't have everything they need. That's just no fun!








Ingredients I used
: (You can use variations if you'd like to... but these turned out amazing!) 

oil for frying
1 pkg Kraft Bake'n'Shake Extra Crispy
Vlasic Zesty Dill spears
1 c all-purpose flour
2 large eggs, beaten in a small bowl
ranch for dipping

These ingredients should make about 10 large-sized spears!

Directions:

First thing you need to do is start heating up your oil because it could take a little while to get to the right frying temperature.  I set mine on medium and let it heat up while I did everything else. :) Set out your ingredients: spread your flour out on a plate, use small bowl for the beaten eggs, and pour the packet of extra crispy Bake'n'Shake in its convenient shaking bag. 




First, blot your pickle spears on a paper towel to drain excess juices.  Cover your spears in unseasoned flour (trust me, you don't need any!), then dip them into the egg mixture, and place in the Bake'n'Shake bag.  After you've done this to all of your spears, give it a nice shake! Have fun with it (like frying chicken with Minnie in the Help).  Then set 4 or 5 in the oil at once (depending on the size of your skillet, you can do more).  Keep turning them until both sides are golden brown.





Once they're browned to your liking, take them out with a pair of tongs and set them on a paper-towel to drain the excess oil (I put my paper towel on a plate to avoid a mess).  After you've let them sit for 5 minutes, they're ready to serve!  Serve with ranch dressing and a tall glass of sweet southern iced tea and you're sure to be a hit!


How do you make YOUR fried pickles? 



No comments:

Post a Comment